If you’re navigating the process of obtaining a US green card through the merit-based EB-2 NIW (Employment-Based Second Preference National Interest Waiver) pathway, understanding how to correctly pay for your I-140 form is crucial. Izzy’s guide provides detailed insights to help simplify the process whether you’re in the US or abroad.
Payment Options for Applicants Within the US
USCIS offers various payment methods if you’re applying from within the United States:
- Payment is through cashier’s check, personal check, or money order. Personal checks should be addressed to the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Credit card payments are possible using the G1450 form, but the card must be US-issued.
- You can also use debit cards and checking accounts to make payments.
- Prepaid cards, like the Discover gift card, can be loaded with the required fee and submitted with the G1450 form.
Payment Options for Applicants Outside the US
If you’re applying from outside the United States, consider these options:
- If you have family or friends in the US, they can pay using any of the methods mentioned for US-based applicants.
- Using a Discover gift card or prepaid card is possible. Load the card with the necessary fee, fill out the G1450 form, and send it.
- The paramount concern is to ensure that the funds are available. Insufficient funds can result in your application being returned and needing a new G1450 form submission.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
USCIS specifies certain actions to avoid when making payments:
- Do not use a single G1450 form to pay for multiple applications. Each application needs its own form.
- Avoid combining payment methods. For instance, don’t mix check payments with credit card payments or combine money orders, credit cards, and personal checks.
- If paying with two credit cards, use two separate G1450 forms and specify the amount to be charged on each.
- If someone in the US is assisting with the payment, send them the G1450 form to fill, sign, and return to you to include in your application.
Paying for the I-140 visa application is crucial in the green card process. Ensure you follow the proper procedures to avoid unnecessary complications. If you’ve successfully navigated this process from outside the US, consider sharing your experience to assist others. Remember to stay updated and informed to simplify your application journey.
Contact Us for EB-2 NIW Assistance
Reach out to our experienced team to learn how we can help guide you through the EB-2 NIW green card application process and achieve your goals. Our services are tailored to support your Employment-Based Second Preference National Interest Waiver (EB-2 NIW) application from start to finish.
Begin with a Consultation Call
Initiate the journey by scheduling a consultation call with our experts today.
Email: [email protected]
Our team is available from 9 am to 5 pm Central Time to assist you with your EB-2 NIW application needs.